Coming to your area... we must pray for this to be abandoned.
Scottish couple try to halt 'Big Brother' childcare plan Charlie Butts (OneNewsNow.com) Thursday, November 20, 2014
A couple in Scotland is fighting against the government's plan to provide a "Big Brother" to every child in the country through age 18.
The government plans to name a government official for every child in the country who will have the responsibility to make sure the child is raised properly and without harm.
James McIntosh and his wife have filed suit after the Children and Young People Act became law earlier this year.
"What we are saying is that this one-size-fits-all, blanket approach of the Scottish government is unhelpful and unnecessary," the husband said outside the Court of Sessions, Scotland's supreme civil court, before proceedings began Nov. 11.
What's worse, he added, is the plan risks taking resources away from those "who are most needy and most vulnerable."
Simon Calvert, a spokesman for Christian Institute, similarly suggested the scheme will weaken, not strengthen, child protection.
"Nobody doubts their good intentions," says Calvert, "but they've introduced legislation which is very invasive of family privacy and which threatens actually to make the child protection system worse by deluging those responsible for child protection with lots of unnecessary information on families where nothing's going wrong."